The Stockholm World Water Week 2016 was held from 28 August to 2 September under the overarching theme of ‘Water for Sustainable Growth’. Among the Week’s more than 140 events covering a range of subjects, the “MENA Focus” took place on 30 and 31 August consisting of 4 targeted 90-minute sessions ensuring that the region’s priorities are duly reflected in the programme, aligned with the Week’s annual theme.
OECD Headquarters organizes the conference "The Knowledge Triangle: Enhancing the contributions of Higher Education and Research Institutions to Innovation" from 15 to 16 September 2016. The High Level Event on the Knowledge Triangle offers an opportunity for senior government officials and a wide range of stakeholders to meet and share experiences on how to better leverage and integrate the various missions of higher education and public research institutions.
The "Financing & Implementing Energy Projects in Africa 2016" is an international conference which will be hosted in Berlin, Germany, from 25th to 26th August 2016. This event will bring together global, African, European and national partners, high level government officials, business executives and NGO representatives to exchange on financing and carrying out energy investments and projects in Africa. It will offer the participants the possibility to:
Latest IRP report lists 12 ways to use natural resources more efficiently, improve human health and reduce the environmental damage caused by food systems. A major overhaul of the global food system is urgently needed if the world is to combat hunger, use natural resources more efficiently and stem environmental damage, the International Resource Panel (IRP) says.
The 2015 GWP Annual Report has been published. The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an international network that was created in 1996 to foster the implementation of integrated water resources management: the coordinated development and management of water, land, and related resources in order to maximise economic and social welfare without compromising the sustainability of ecosystems and the environment.
The Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability Studies at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai is hosting the 7th Annual International Conference on Climate Change on 29 and 30th July 2016 in Mumbai. The Centre has successfully hosted this event every year starting from 2009. The annual conference provides a platform for national and international researchers, scholars, practitioners, policy makers and students to discuss contemporary challenges in climate policy and related areas. Venue: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai – 400088, India.
The series of LCSS -Life Cycle Summer Schools - is dedicated to exploring the applicability of life cycle approaches to sustainable regional development. It seeks to integrate the usual focus of life cycle assessment and life cycle management on products from corporations into the framework of regional socio-economic development challenges and decision-making.
This is the On-line de Climate Smart Agriculture prepared gy the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). This is the gateway to implementing climate-smart agriculture. It will help get started and guide right through to implementation on the ground, connecting with all the resources to dig deeper.
Red more: https://csa.guide/ .
With over 200 participants from all around Europe, Water Innovation Europe is the landmark event for the European water sector. The event brings together all the aspects of the sector: scientists and technology developers, utility representatives, large water users, European and national/ regional policy makers and finance experts. Water Innovation Europe offers an open platform for information gathering and networking among the most influential stakeholders from within and beyond the water sector.
ENPI latest news
- Mogherini visits Lebanon
- EU Spokesperson: Israeli new settlements announcement seriously undermines two-state solution
- Mogherini and UN Special Representative for Libya discuss security, migration and EU-UN cooperation
- Mogherini urges greater cooperation and integration in the Mediterranean
- SwitchMed presents Eco-Innovative applications to Moroccan enterprises
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- Crop trade depletes global groundwater - News - Nature Middle East
- 3 Big Myths about Modern Agriculture
- Géopolitique, le débat - L'eau en Méditerranée Orientale: quelles actions prioritaires?
- La FAO lance un plan d'attaque contre le charançon rouge du palmier
- Pour en finir avec l'insécurité alimentaire en Afrique et en Méditerranée
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- 11/04: Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis discusses economic cooperation in Tunisia as Spanish-Tunisian Chamber of Commerce opens
- 11/04: Cyprus talks resume after two months
- 10/04: Migration, cooperation and chemical attacks in Syria, headlines of the third meeting of Southern EU countries.
- 03/04: Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Israel agree on implementing a gas pipeline through the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The linguistic panorama of the Arab world
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP françaises
- Le projet FishMPABlue2 : améliorer la gouvernance de la pêche artisanale dans les AMP
The European Water Platform news
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards 2017- Deadline extended to submit your application!
- Technical assistance for Supporting Education Sector Reform Rabat, Morocco - (Closing date: 20 February 2017)
- Technical assistance to Jordan Microfinance Network - Tanmeyah - (Closing date: 8 February 2017)
- Technical Support to upgrading the Solid waste Management Capacities (Closing date: 31 January 2017)
- Equipment for the Lebanese Armed Forces and General Directorate of General Security - (Closing date: 17 March 2017)
- Framework contract for the provision of security guarding services (2017-2018) - (Closing date: 19 January 2017)
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Laboratorio Europeo de Biología Molecular abre en Barcelona su primera subsede en casi 20 años
- Resultados provisionales Severo Ochoa 2016
- Finaliza la XXX Campaña Antártica Española
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación destina 40 millones de euros para reforzar la excelencia científica
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2016
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- Moscou et Saint-Pétersbourg : recrutement d'enseignants pour les Collèges universitaires ...
- Attribution du Prix Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2016
- #Rétro 2016 - Enseignement supérieur et Recherche
- Lancement d'Extrasup, un projet national et européen pour reconnaître et valider les acquis ...
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Making the international trade in plants and seeds a safer venture
- Tracking fish “from sea to plate” to keep illegal catches out of global supply chains
- New partnership recognizes consumers as drivers for Zero Hunger
- Lake Chad Basin: a crisis rooted in hunger, poverty and lack of rural development
- FAO Director-General visits hunger-threatened northeastern Nigeria, calls for urgent increase in assistance