The 11th General Assembly of the Mediterranean Network of Basin Organisations (MENBO) will take place 22-24 March 2017 in Malta, at the invitation of the Maltese authorities, and coinciding with the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The Assembly will be organised around three thematic blocks on: Water and adaptation to climate change, Water and agriculture in the Mediterranean and Non-conventional water resources: reuse and desalination.
The WaterWorks 2015 Call, which is a joint ERA-NET Cofund between FACCE-JPI and Water JPI, has shortlisted and recommended for funding 21 top research projects for a total Grant amount of over 17 million euros, with the projects' total costs being over 21 million euros. The 21 projects are covering a wide range of disciplines from social and economic sciences to nature sciences, and addressing a range of societal challenges related to Water and Agriculture.
On February 14th, 2017, three proposals for H2020 funding were submitted to the European Commission, with strong involvement from FACCE-JPI. Among the proposals are a new FACCE-JPI joint action ERA-NET Cofund SusCrop; the Coordination of International Research Cooperation on soil Carbon Sequestration in Agriculture CIRCASA; and the FIT4FOOD2030 Coordination and Support Action proposal. All proposals address key thematic priorities in the FACCE-JPI Strategic Research Agenda.
The website of the annual conference of the Arab-Euro Organization for Environment, Water and Desert Researches has been created. The conference will be held in Aqba, Jordan, next April 3-6, 2017.
Read more: http://www.ewdr.org/ .
The UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) Beirut, Lebanon, in cooperation with the National Oil and Gas Authority in Bahrain under the patronage of the Minister of Oil, will organize a regional capacity-building workshop on "Water-Energy Nexus: Resource Efficiency". The event will be under the auspices of the Minister of Oil in Bahrain, on 19-20 February 2017. The workshop will be followed by a regional workshop on Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) on 21 February.
At a technical briefing on the water-food nexus held at UN Headquarters in New York, US, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) presented the FAO-NENA (Near East and North Africa) Water Scarcity Initiative. The Initiative provides a comprehensive framework to ensure the sustainable use and preservation of scarce water resources in the region.
The FAO Regional Water Scarcity Initiative was formulated in response to a request of the FAO NENA Regional Conference, which identified the issue as a central priority for Member States.
The first 5TOI_4EWAS Innovation Week will take place in Casablanca from 23 to 26 January 2017 at the Hotel Idou Anfa, Casablanca - Morocco. The Euro-Mediterranean innovators, researchers, policy makers, international companies and investors are very welcome. This week is organised in several tracks to offer a wide range of opportunities as well as to bring together ideas, knowledge and people from the energy, water and food sectors. The idea is to refine and to address the future trends on R&I policies.
The Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA) is an international conference that focuses on central questions concerning the future of the global agri-food industry. It gives representatives from the worlds of politics, business, science and civil society an opportunity to share ideas and enhance understanding on a selected topic of current agricultural policy.
The GFFA 2017 will be held on the subject "Agriculture and Water - Key to Feeding the World" in Berlin from 19 to 21 January 2017.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) have officially opened a new round of USD 50 million in loans for renewable energy projects in developing countries. This is the fifth round of loans offered through the IRENA/ADFD Project Facility, which will allocate a total of $350 million of concessional loans over seven annual cycles to government-driven renewable energy projects in developing countries.
The MEP Water Group is organising a public session dedicated to "The role of water in adaptation to climate change" on 6th of December 2016 from 17h30 to 19h30 at the European Parliament, József Antall Building, Room 2Q2. The session will feature as keynote speaker, Mr. Jos Delbeke, Director-General of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Climate Action.
Read more: http://wsstp.eu/ .
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
- EIB Working Papers 2017/02 - Credit Guarantee Schemes for SME lending in Western Europe
- Access-to-Finance Conditions for Investments in Bio-Based Industries and the Blue Economy
- Office of the Chief Compliance Officer Activity Report 2016
- EIB Group Support for the Social Sector
- The EIB in the circular economy
CIHEAM press reviews
- La France exporte un pesticide interdit vers les pays en développement
- L'économie bleue en débat à Marseille
- Fish farms moved offshore
- Ciheam new publication | Options Méditerranéennes " Xylella fastidiosa & the Olive Quick Decline Syndrome (OQDS). A serious worldwide challenge for the safeguard of olive trees"
- Occitanie : les aides réduites à l'agriculture bio sèment la colère dans les exploitations
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- Around 100 think thanks to analyse how to combat violent extremism in the Mediterranean
- 11/05: EU and Tunisia hold their 13th Association Council, discuss ways to further their cooperation
- Salafism in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Dublin IV and the European asylum system: more control and more returns
- Seminar on the future of Tunisia
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Premier tour des élections législatives 2017
- Elections législatives 2017 - horaires d'ouverture des bureaux de vote
- La France rejoint le consortium humanitaire intervenant en zone C (1 juin 2017)
- Grève de la faim des détenus palestiniens - déclaration du Porte-parole (26 mai 2017)
- Jean-Yves Le Drian, ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Testez un package écotouristique en Méditerranée
- Les AMP se réunissent autour du projet FishMPABlue2
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El secretario general de Ciencia e Innovación presenta los instrumentos para financiar actividades de innovación en las universidades
- El Consejo Marino Europeo nombra vicepresidente a un investigador del IEO
- España y Portugal firman un acuerdo para intensificar la cooperación científica
- El Buque de Investigación Oceanográfica “Hespérides” regresa a Cartagena tras finalizar la XXX Campaña Antártica
- La Comisión Europea refrenda la infraestructura científica sobre biodiversidad y gestión de ecosistemas LifeWatch en Sevilla
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils