On February 14th, 2017, three proposals for H2020 funding were submitted to the European Commission, with strong involvement from FACCE-JPI. Among the proposals are a new FACCE-JPI joint action ERA-NET Cofund SusCrop; the Coordination of International Research Cooperation on soil Carbon Sequestration in Agriculture CIRCASA; and the FIT4FOOD2030 Coordination and Support Action proposal. All proposals address key thematic priorities in the FACCE-JPI Strategic Research Agenda.
The website of the annual conference of the Arab-Euro Organization for Environment, Water and Desert Researches has been created. The conference will be held in Aqba, Jordan, next April 3-6, 2017.
Read more: http://www.ewdr.org/ .
The UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) Beirut, Lebanon, in cooperation with the National Oil and Gas Authority in Bahrain under the patronage of the Minister of Oil, will organize a regional capacity-building workshop on "Water-Energy Nexus: Resource Efficiency". The event will be under the auspices of the Minister of Oil in Bahrain, on 19-20 February 2017. The workshop will be followed by a regional workshop on Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) on 21 February.
At a technical briefing on the water-food nexus held at UN Headquarters in New York, US, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) presented the FAO-NENA (Near East and North Africa) Water Scarcity Initiative. The Initiative provides a comprehensive framework to ensure the sustainable use and preservation of scarce water resources in the region.
The FAO Regional Water Scarcity Initiative was formulated in response to a request of the FAO NENA Regional Conference, which identified the issue as a central priority for Member States.
The first 5TOI_4EWAS Innovation Week will take place in Casablanca from 23 to 26 January 2017 at the Hotel Idou Anfa, Casablanca - Morocco. The Euro-Mediterranean innovators, researchers, policy makers, international companies and investors are very welcome. This week is organised in several tracks to offer a wide range of opportunities as well as to bring together ideas, knowledge and people from the energy, water and food sectors. The idea is to refine and to address the future trends on R&I policies.
The Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA) is an international conference that focuses on central questions concerning the future of the global agri-food industry. It gives representatives from the worlds of politics, business, science and civil society an opportunity to share ideas and enhance understanding on a selected topic of current agricultural policy.
The GFFA 2017 will be held on the subject "Agriculture and Water - Key to Feeding the World" in Berlin from 19 to 21 January 2017.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) have officially opened a new round of USD 50 million in loans for renewable energy projects in developing countries. This is the fifth round of loans offered through the IRENA/ADFD Project Facility, which will allocate a total of $350 million of concessional loans over seven annual cycles to government-driven renewable energy projects in developing countries.
The MEP Water Group is organising a public session dedicated to "The role of water in adaptation to climate change" on 6th of December 2016 from 17h30 to 19h30 at the European Parliament, József Antall Building, Room 2Q2. The session will feature as keynote speaker, Mr. Jos Delbeke, Director-General of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Climate Action.
Read more: http://wsstp.eu/ .
OK-Net Arable promotes exchange of knowledge among farmers, farm advisers and scientists with the aim to increase productivity and quality in organic arable cropping all over Europe. OK-Net Arable is coordinated by IFOAM EU and involves 17 partners from 13 countries all over Europe. The project is financed by Horizon 2020, the EU’s main funding instrument for research and innovation.
Italian CNR offers a Public Call for the granting of 30 Training Scholarships for Graduates and graduated Administrators (graduated professionals and officials) from extra-EU countries, having citizenship and permanent residence in one of the following countries: Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Serbia, Montenegro and Albania. The training will have to be carried out at selected Institutes of the National Research Council based in Italy, and financed by the Multi-Disciplinary Training Programme "Sciences for DIPLOMAzia2".
ENPI latest news
- Mogherini visits Lebanon
- EU Spokesperson: Israeli new settlements announcement seriously undermines two-state solution
- Mogherini and UN Special Representative for Libya discuss security, migration and EU-UN cooperation
- Mogherini urges greater cooperation and integration in the Mediterranean
- SwitchMed presents Eco-Innovative applications to Moroccan enterprises
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- Crop trade depletes global groundwater - News - Nature Middle East
- 3 Big Myths about Modern Agriculture
- Géopolitique, le débat - L'eau en Méditerranée Orientale: quelles actions prioritaires?
- La FAO lance un plan d'attaque contre le charançon rouge du palmier
- Pour en finir avec l'insécurité alimentaire en Afrique et en Méditerranée
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- 11/04: Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis discusses economic cooperation in Tunisia as Spanish-Tunisian Chamber of Commerce opens
- 11/04: Cyprus talks resume after two months
- 10/04: Migration, cooperation and chemical attacks in Syria, headlines of the third meeting of Southern EU countries.
- 03/04: Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Israel agree on implementing a gas pipeline through the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The linguistic panorama of the Arab world
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP françaises
- Le projet FishMPABlue2 : améliorer la gouvernance de la pêche artisanale dans les AMP
The European Water Platform news
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards 2017- Deadline extended to submit your application!
- Technical assistance for Supporting Education Sector Reform Rabat, Morocco - (Closing date: 20 February 2017)
- Technical assistance to Jordan Microfinance Network - Tanmeyah - (Closing date: 8 February 2017)
- Technical Support to upgrading the Solid waste Management Capacities (Closing date: 31 January 2017)
- Equipment for the Lebanese Armed Forces and General Directorate of General Security - (Closing date: 17 March 2017)
- Framework contract for the provision of security guarding services (2017-2018) - (Closing date: 19 January 2017)
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Laboratorio Europeo de Biología Molecular abre en Barcelona su primera subsede en casi 20 años
- Resultados provisionales Severo Ochoa 2016
- Finaliza la XXX Campaña Antártica Española
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación destina 40 millones de euros para reforzar la excelencia científica
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2016
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- Moscou et Saint-Pétersbourg : recrutement d'enseignants pour les Collèges universitaires ...
- Attribution du Prix Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2016
- #Rétro 2016 - Enseignement supérieur et Recherche
- Lancement d'Extrasup, un projet national et européen pour reconnaître et valider les acquis ...
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Making the international trade in plants and seeds a safer venture
- Tracking fish “from sea to plate” to keep illegal catches out of global supply chains
- New partnership recognizes consumers as drivers for Zero Hunger
- Lake Chad Basin: a crisis rooted in hunger, poverty and lack of rural development
- FAO Director-General visits hunger-threatened northeastern Nigeria, calls for urgent increase in assistance