The 13th annual international Summer Academy ‘Energy and the Environment’ will focus on the policy, social, health, economic and mobility challenges that climate change presents to today’s cities, evaluating the impact of climate change on a global and then urban level, offering in-depth insights into low-carbon policy solutions for major urban sectors like transport and buildings, case studies on sustainability strategies from major cities around the world, and visits to a wind energy farm and a renewable electricity storage plant.
The Water and FACCE JPIs announced the upcoming call for transnational collaborative research projects. The indicative total available budget amounts to 26M€, subject to the successful negotiation of the WaterWorks2015 ERA-NET Cofund with the European Commission. The call opened on 16.02.2016 and closed on 19.04.2016. A two-step application procedure is used in this call. Proposals (in English language) must be submitted electronically.
Read more: http://www.waterjpi.eu/ .
The CIHEAM Country Activities Reports (CAR) are summary documents that are proposed in the frame of CIHEAM communication policy, aiming to improve the circulation of information on the actions developed in each of their thirteen Member States. The CARs are updated on a yearly basis and released each January.
The conference on "Removing Barries for Biogas in a Circular economy" was held on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at the "Representation of Lower Saxony to the EU", Rue Montoyer 61 Bruxelles.
The European Commission has opened a public consultation on a new research and innovation initiative for sustainable food production and improved water management in the Mediterranean area. PRIMA, the Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area, will involve both EU and non-EU Mediterranean states. It will reinforce international cooperation in research and innovation to address the food and water-related challenges that are critical to the region's sustainable development.
From the refugee crisis to economic slowdowns in emerging markets, from ever-rising numbers of terrorist and cyberattacks to water shortages, global risks have been in the headlines in the last year. Yet so have initiatives to address them, such as the COP21 meeting on reducing greenhouse gas emissions or European Union (EU) summits to address the refugee crisis.
Researchers and innovators from Tunisia will now be able to participate in Horizon 2020, the EU's framework programme for research and innovation, under the same conditions as their counterparts from EU Member States and other 13 associated countries. The Association Agreement allows for enhanced cooperation in research and innovation between the EU and Tunisia, vital for successful and modern economies. It also represents another step towards reaching the EU goal of opening research and innovation to the world.
The United Nations programme "Water for Life" presented a video on the "Water for Life Decade". Please find it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLV2NeLmRrw . UN goal during the Water for Life Decade was to promote efforts to fulfill international commitments in the water sphere by 2015. They’ve tried to raise the profile of water in the global agenda, and to focus the world’s attention on the groundbreaking, lifesaving, empowering work done by those implementing water programs and projects.
IUPAC presents the "XXI IUPAC CHEMRAWN Conference" on "Solid urban waste management". The conference will be held in Italy (Rome and Naples) next 6th to 8th April 2016. Scientific and technological research can - and must - give a decisive contribution to create a virtuous circle based on the so-called "3Rs" (Reduce, Re-use and Recycle). These are the issues on which the XXI IUPAC - CHEMRAWN World Conference on Solid Urban Waste Management will focus.
The Moving Energy Initiative (MEI) is a collaboration between GVEP International, Chatham House, Practical Action Consulting, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The consortium has released a report on the energy needs of refugees and displaced people worldwide. The report presents the first ever estimates of the volume and costs of their energy consumption.
ENPI latest news
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
- CESEE Bank Lending Survey H1-2017
- Annual Report 2016 on EIB activity in Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific, and the overseas territories
- Report on the implementation of the EIB’s Transparency Policy in 2016
- 2016 Annual Report on EIB operations inside the EU
- Evaluation of the EIF’s SME Securitisation Activities, 2004-2015
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Testez un package écotouristique en Méditerranée
- Les AMP se réunissent autour du projet FishMPABlue2
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Buque de Investigación Oceanográfica “Hespérides” regresa a Cartagena tras finalizar la XXX Campaña Antártica
- La Comisión Europea refrenda la infraestructura científica sobre biodiversidad y gestión de ecosistemas LifeWatch en Sevilla
- Abierto el plazo para la justificación científico-técnica final de las Acciones de dinamización “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2015
- Conmemoración del 50 aniversario de la creación del Instituto Laue–Langevin
- Málaga acoge las jornadas de planificación del Foro Estratégico Europeo de Infraestructuras de Investigación (ESFRI)
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils