The 13th annual international Summer Academy ‘Energy and the Environment’ will focus on the policy, social, health, economic and mobility challenges that climate change presents to today’s cities, evaluating the impact of climate change on a global and then urban level, offering in-depth insights into low-carbon policy solutions for major urban sectors like transport and buildings, case studies on sustainability strategies from major cities around the world, and visits to a wind energy farm and a renewable electricity storage plant.
The Water and FACCE JPIs announced the upcoming call for transnational collaborative research projects. The indicative total available budget amounts to 26M€, subject to the successful negotiation of the WaterWorks2015 ERA-NET Cofund with the European Commission. The call opened on 16.02.2016 and closed on 19.04.2016. A two-step application procedure is used in this call. Proposals (in English language) must be submitted electronically.
Read more: http://www.waterjpi.eu/ .
The CIHEAM Country Activities Reports (CAR) are summary documents that are proposed in the frame of CIHEAM communication policy, aiming to improve the circulation of information on the actions developed in each of their thirteen Member States. The CARs are updated on a yearly basis and released each January.
The conference on "Removing Barries for Biogas in a Circular economy" was held on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at the "Representation of Lower Saxony to the EU", Rue Montoyer 61 Bruxelles.
The European Commission has opened a public consultation on a new research and innovation initiative for sustainable food production and improved water management in the Mediterranean area. PRIMA, the Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area, will involve both EU and non-EU Mediterranean states. It will reinforce international cooperation in research and innovation to address the food and water-related challenges that are critical to the region's sustainable development.
From the refugee crisis to economic slowdowns in emerging markets, from ever-rising numbers of terrorist and cyberattacks to water shortages, global risks have been in the headlines in the last year. Yet so have initiatives to address them, such as the COP21 meeting on reducing greenhouse gas emissions or European Union (EU) summits to address the refugee crisis.
Researchers and innovators from Tunisia will now be able to participate in Horizon 2020, the EU's framework programme for research and innovation, under the same conditions as their counterparts from EU Member States and other 13 associated countries. The Association Agreement allows for enhanced cooperation in research and innovation between the EU and Tunisia, vital for successful and modern economies. It also represents another step towards reaching the EU goal of opening research and innovation to the world.
The United Nations programme "Water for Life" presented a video on the "Water for Life Decade". Please find it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLV2NeLmRrw . UN goal during the Water for Life Decade was to promote efforts to fulfill international commitments in the water sphere by 2015. They’ve tried to raise the profile of water in the global agenda, and to focus the world’s attention on the groundbreaking, lifesaving, empowering work done by those implementing water programs and projects.
IUPAC presents the "XXI IUPAC CHEMRAWN Conference" on "Solid urban waste management". The conference will be held in Italy (Rome and Naples) next 6th to 8th April 2016. Scientific and technological research can - and must - give a decisive contribution to create a virtuous circle based on the so-called "3Rs" (Reduce, Re-use and Recycle). These are the issues on which the XXI IUPAC - CHEMRAWN World Conference on Solid Urban Waste Management will focus.
The Moving Energy Initiative (MEI) is a collaboration between GVEP International, Chatham House, Practical Action Consulting, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The consortium has released a report on the energy needs of refugees and displaced people worldwide. The report presents the first ever estimates of the volume and costs of their energy consumption.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
- Our Ocean Conference 2017
- International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals (GUNI)
- EIB MED Conference: Boosting investments in the Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- More Euro-Mediterranean integration would boost jobs
- 20/07: The EU allocates last part of its Macro-Financial Assistance programme to Tunisia.
- 18/07: 8th Association Council between the EU and Lebanon
- 17/07: The EU reaffirms its support to Egypt ahead of the 7th EU-Egypt Association Council, on 25 July
- The European Union in the Mediterranean
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Situation à Jérusalem - violences, démarches de la France, respect du statu quo – déclaration de la porte-parole du Quai d'Orsay (24/07/17)
- Situation à Jérusalem – déclaration de la porte-parole du Quai d'Orsay (21 juillet 2017)
- Jérusalem - Conseil aux voyageurs
- Coopération audiovisuelle
- Appui aux initiatives humanitaires et de promotion des droits de l'Homme
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Consejo Rector aprueba el Plan Estratégico del IAC hasta 2021
- Información sobre las convocatorias 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional y las ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores
- Consulta Pública del Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica y Técnica y de Innovación 2017-2020
- Miguel Ángel García Aranda, nuevo presidente del Consejo del ESRF
- Chile se interesa por las instalaciones científicas españolas
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils