The CIHEAM Country Activities Reports (CAR) are summary documents that are proposed in the frame of CIHEAM communication policy, aiming to improve the circulation of information on the actions developed in each of their thirteen Member States. The CARs are updated on a yearly basis and released each January.
The conference on "Removing Barries for Biogas in a Circular economy" was held on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at the "Representation of Lower Saxony to the EU", Rue Montoyer 61 Bruxelles.
The European Commission has opened a public consultation on a new research and innovation initiative for sustainable food production and improved water management in the Mediterranean area. PRIMA, the Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area, will involve both EU and non-EU Mediterranean states. It will reinforce international cooperation in research and innovation to address the food and water-related challenges that are critical to the region's sustainable development.
From the refugee crisis to economic slowdowns in emerging markets, from ever-rising numbers of terrorist and cyberattacks to water shortages, global risks have been in the headlines in the last year. Yet so have initiatives to address them, such as the COP21 meeting on reducing greenhouse gas emissions or European Union (EU) summits to address the refugee crisis.
Researchers and innovators from Tunisia will now be able to participate in Horizon 2020, the EU's framework programme for research and innovation, under the same conditions as their counterparts from EU Member States and other 13 associated countries. The Association Agreement allows for enhanced cooperation in research and innovation between the EU and Tunisia, vital for successful and modern economies. It also represents another step towards reaching the EU goal of opening research and innovation to the world.
The United Nations programme "Water for Life" presented a video on the "Water for Life Decade". Please find it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLV2NeLmRrw . UN goal during the Water for Life Decade was to promote efforts to fulfill international commitments in the water sphere by 2015. They’ve tried to raise the profile of water in the global agenda, and to focus the world’s attention on the groundbreaking, lifesaving, empowering work done by those implementing water programs and projects.
IUPAC presents the "XXI IUPAC CHEMRAWN Conference" on "Solid urban waste management". The conference will be held in Italy (Rome and Naples) next 6th to 8th April 2016. Scientific and technological research can - and must - give a decisive contribution to create a virtuous circle based on the so-called "3Rs" (Reduce, Re-use and Recycle). These are the issues on which the XXI IUPAC - CHEMRAWN World Conference on Solid Urban Waste Management will focus.
The Moving Energy Initiative (MEI) is a collaboration between GVEP International, Chatham House, Practical Action Consulting, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The consortium has released a report on the energy needs of refugees and displaced people worldwide. The report presents the first ever estimates of the volume and costs of their energy consumption.
The AIWW conference on "Integrated solutions for a circular economy and resilient cities" was held in Amsterdam from 2nd to 6th November 2015. The Amsterdam International Water Week (AIWW) is the platform for new alliances and fresh ideas: connecting industry, science, business, policy and technology. The event crosses borders between water and sanitation, deltatechnology, food, agriculture, finance and governance. Thus bringing together a unique mix of professionals conducive to the transition to a circular economy and resilient cities.
The IncoNet for the Arab Gulf Countries (IncoNet GCC2) is organizing an International Conference on “Collaboration for Innovation; Linking GCC and EU” on 6-8 December in Muscat, Oman. This international conference will gather STI actors from both the EU and GCC and has as its main aim to explore synergies for further cooperation in STI between the two regions. The thematic focus will be on Energy/Smart Cities and Health which have been identified as sectors of mutual benefit between EU and GCC.
ENPI latest news
- Mogherini visits Lebanon
- EU Spokesperson: Israeli new settlements announcement seriously undermines two-state solution
- Mogherini and UN Special Representative for Libya discuss security, migration and EU-UN cooperation
- Mogherini urges greater cooperation and integration in the Mediterranean
- SwitchMed presents Eco-Innovative applications to Moroccan enterprises
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- Crop trade depletes global groundwater - News - Nature Middle East
- 3 Big Myths about Modern Agriculture
- Géopolitique, le débat - L'eau en Méditerranée Orientale: quelles actions prioritaires?
- La FAO lance un plan d'attaque contre le charançon rouge du palmier
- Pour en finir avec l'insécurité alimentaire en Afrique et en Méditerranée
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- 11/04: Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis discusses economic cooperation in Tunisia as Spanish-Tunisian Chamber of Commerce opens
- 11/04: Cyprus talks resume after two months
- 10/04: Migration, cooperation and chemical attacks in Syria, headlines of the third meeting of Southern EU countries.
- 03/04: Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Israel agree on implementing a gas pipeline through the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The linguistic panorama of the Arab world
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP françaises
- Le projet FishMPABlue2 : améliorer la gouvernance de la pêche artisanale dans les AMP
The European Water Platform news
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards 2017- Deadline extended to submit your application!
- Technical assistance for Supporting Education Sector Reform Rabat, Morocco - (Closing date: 20 February 2017)
- Technical assistance to Jordan Microfinance Network - Tanmeyah - (Closing date: 8 February 2017)
- Technical Support to upgrading the Solid waste Management Capacities (Closing date: 31 January 2017)
- Equipment for the Lebanese Armed Forces and General Directorate of General Security - (Closing date: 17 March 2017)
- Framework contract for the provision of security guarding services (2017-2018) - (Closing date: 19 January 2017)
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Laboratorio Europeo de Biología Molecular abre en Barcelona su primera subsede en casi 20 años
- Resultados provisionales Severo Ochoa 2016
- Finaliza la XXX Campaña Antártica Española
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación destina 40 millones de euros para reforzar la excelencia científica
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2016
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- Moscou et Saint-Pétersbourg : recrutement d'enseignants pour les Collèges universitaires ...
- Attribution du Prix Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2016
- #Rétro 2016 - Enseignement supérieur et Recherche
- Lancement d'Extrasup, un projet national et européen pour reconnaître et valider les acquis ...
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Making the international trade in plants and seeds a safer venture
- Tracking fish “from sea to plate” to keep illegal catches out of global supply chains
- New partnership recognizes consumers as drivers for Zero Hunger
- Lake Chad Basin: a crisis rooted in hunger, poverty and lack of rural development
- FAO Director-General visits hunger-threatened northeastern Nigeria, calls for urgent increase in assistance