The Senior Officials of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) member states met for the sixth time in December 2014 in Barcelona. Five new projects promoting young people’s employability, job opportunities, entrepreneurship, urban sustainable development and water management transparency were approved, in particular “Water Integrity in MENA”.
Last 20th April 2015, the Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas, presented a speech on the "Key challenges for the water sector" at the European Parliament.
Please find the complete speech at: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/2014-2019/moedas/announcements/key-challenges-water-sector_en.
The 11th annual Erasmus Congress and Exhibition - ERACON 2015 organised by the European Association of Erasmus Coordinators (EAEC) will be held from 13th to 17th May 2015 at the Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal. The congress is addressed to Erasmus Coordinators, Placement and Internship Managers, Career Officers, Researchers and Professionals with an interest in the ERASMUS+ Programme and belong either to the academic or business world.
The Technology Park of Borj-Cédria in collaboration with the ECOTEC Cagliari (Italy) and the University of Carthage organize the 1st International Congress "Green Business and Sustainable Development" that will take place in Hammamet from 14 to 16 May 2015.
UNIMED has the pleasure to inform that in the framework of the TEMPUS PRO-GREEN project, the American University of Beirut, the Lebanese American University and the American University in Cairo have introduced for the first time an Online Joint/Dual Professional Diploma in Green Technologies in three specializations: Energy, Buildings, and Water.
Applications for Summer 2015 are now open – Apply Now! Deadline - May 13, 2015
The UFP-Labeled HOMERe (High Opportunity for Mediterranean Executives Recruitment ) project was officially launched on 17th March in Marseille, with a round table on the benefits the project will bring and a second round table on the added value that the international internships will bring to the companies and to the companies’ development in the Mediterranean region.
In the framework of the Med-Mobil (Supportive international approach to increase and improve the mobility and exchange) project, a Capitalisation Network integrated by policy makers, business associations, research centers, networks and associations, and think-tanks is being developed as a platform for information and exchange on mobility initiatives, funding opportunities and sustainability initiatives.
The eMEDia consortium will meet at the University of Tampere on April 28-29, 2015 and organise an Open Day on Wednesday 29 April from 9.00 to 13.00 to advance working on cross-media journalism education on an Euro-Mediterranean perspective. The Open Day meeting will take place at the building Pinni A, in Paavo Koli lecture hall (A2100), University of Tampere, Finland.
The eMEDia Open Day is a public event open to academies, practitioners, students, professionals and everyone interested in journalism higher education.
The Nexus plays a crucial role in the Middle East. A nexus approach - specifically, to water and energy planning – can lead to smarter, more resilient development solutions. This article gives an introduction to the present nexus debate in Arabic language.
The UN Decade of Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) was launched in the Arab region on 23 March 2015, in Amman, Jordan, during a week of events organized by the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA). Hosted by the Jordanian Government, the launch ceremony included speeches by Jordanian Minister of Energy and Mines Resources Ibrahim Seif and representatives of UN-ESCWA and SE4ALL, and was followed by a high-level ministerial panel.
ENPI latest news
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
- Annual Report 2016 on EIB activity in Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific, and the overseas territories
- Report on the implementation of the EIB’s Transparency Policy in 2016
- 2016 Annual Report on EIB operations inside the EU
- Evaluation of the EIF’s SME Securitisation Activities, 2004-2015
- EIB annual 18-K report 2016
CIHEAM press reviews
- Les députés européens s'opposent à l'importation d'OGM
- Syrian Refugees Contributed over $US 800 Million to Egypt’s Economy Since 2011: UNDP Report
- Panic over the red devils threatening to strip Tunisia of its grand palm trees
- Farmers: a dying breed?
- Parte la sfida della sostenibilità: 17 obiettivi da raggiungere al 2030
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Testez un package écotouristique en Méditerranée
- Les AMP se réunissent autour du projet FishMPABlue2
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Gobierno aprueba 370 millones de euros para proyectos de investigación
- 3ª Convocatoria de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad en el marco de ERANETMED
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria de Acciones de Programación Internacional 2016
- Convocatoria de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad en el marco de la JPI More Years, Better Lives
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación ha publicado la resolución definitiva de convocatorias de ayudas que permitirá la contratación de más de 630 investigadores
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Candidatures au Prix scientifique franco-allemand Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2017
- Appel à candidatures pour le prix Descartes-Huygens 2017 - Appel
- Bourses d'excellence Eole 2017 pour la mobilité vers les Pays-Bas - Session de printemps
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- R&D : quelques comparaisons internationales - Article
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils