On April 23rd, The CIHEAM-Bari organized the International Workshop “Mediterranean Sustainable Food Systems - Towards the Expo Milan 2015; From Theory to Practice: Linking Territory, Food Quality Production, Food Consumption and Dietary Patterns for Improving the Sustainability of the Mediterranean Diet. The Apulia Case Study”. The international workshop was organized with technical collaboration of FAO in the framework of Agriculture and Quality project whose objective is the qualification and enhancement of typical food products of Apulia region.
On the Occasion of the Second Annual United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites you to the Expert Session: "The Arab World’s Transition to Sustainable Energy Pathway: A Look from Inside" on 19 May 2015 at the Sheraton Times Square Hotel.
Organized on June 3rd 2015 within the framework of the project MARE, Mediterranean Activities for Reasearch and Innovation in the Energy sector, and one day ahead of the Mediterranean conference on the climate change which will take place in Marseille as well, this event will provide an executive workshop for SMEs, researchers and EU projects on the technology pillars of RES Microgrids, RES Desalination and Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
The Water and Development Congress and Exhibition is the biennial global event on water solutions for developing and emerging countries. You are invited to contribute to this event by sharing your knowledge and expertise with fellow professionals working on water resource, water supply and sanitation with a focus on emerging economies. You will join over 1000 water professionals from government, research institutes, consultancies, technology companies, NGO’s, service providers, and other key stakeholders from within and outside of the water sector.
The UNIMED General Assembly will be held in Rome on 21 and 22 October 2015. UNIMED General Assembly will be an important event to which all the rectors of our universities associated, their delegates together with the staff of international relations offices can join.
Integrating Arab e-infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE, is the annual international conference organized by the Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN), moving from one Arab country to another. e-AGE is in line with ASREN’s major objectives related to creating awareness, promoting R&E collaboration and joint activities and establishing human networks in order to facilitate collaboration and cooperation among researchers and academicians in the Arab region and the rest of the world.
The Water and Development Congress & Exhibition is the biennial global event on water solutions for developing and emerging countries. Stakeholders are invited to contribute to this event by sharing your organisation’s knowledge and expertise with leading professionals working on water resource, water supply and sanitation with a focus on emerging economies.
This new White paper, prepared by FAO and the World Water Council, aims to provide policy-makers with a helpful overview of the technical and economic aspects of water use in agriculture, with particular emphasis on crop and livestock production.
On Monday 13 April 2015, the report “Stakeholder Engagement for Inclusive Water Governance” was launched in Daegu, Korea during the session “Stakeholder Engagement in the Water Sector: How to Get There?” of the 7th World Water Forum.
Water Ministers of the countries of Western Mediterranean (5+5) and their representatives adopted last March 31th, 2015 in Algiers, the common strategy of water, marking the effective start of the Euro-Maghreb dialogue in this sector.
ENPI latest news
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
- Annual Report 2016 on EIB activity in Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific, and the overseas territories
- Report on the implementation of the EIB’s Transparency Policy in 2016
- 2016 Annual Report on EIB operations inside the EU
- Evaluation of the EIF’s SME Securitisation Activities, 2004-2015
- EIB annual 18-K report 2016
CIHEAM press reviews
- Les députés européens s'opposent à l'importation d'OGM
- Syrian Refugees Contributed over $US 800 Million to Egypt’s Economy Since 2011: UNDP Report
- Panic over the red devils threatening to strip Tunisia of its grand palm trees
- Farmers: a dying breed?
- Parte la sfida della sostenibilità: 17 obiettivi da raggiungere al 2030
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Testez un package écotouristique en Méditerranée
- Les AMP se réunissent autour du projet FishMPABlue2
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Gobierno aprueba 370 millones de euros para proyectos de investigación
- 3ª Convocatoria de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad en el marco de ERANETMED
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria de Acciones de Programación Internacional 2016
- Convocatoria de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad en el marco de la JPI More Years, Better Lives
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación ha publicado la resolución definitiva de convocatorias de ayudas que permitirá la contratación de más de 630 investigadores
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Candidatures au Prix scientifique franco-allemand Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2017
- Appel à candidatures pour le prix Descartes-Huygens 2017 - Appel
- Bourses d'excellence Eole 2017 pour la mobilité vers les Pays-Bas - Session de printemps
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- R&D : quelques comparaisons internationales - Article
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils