Organized on June 3rd 2015 within the framework of the project MARE, Mediterranean Activities for Reasearch and Innovation in the Energy sector, and one day ahead of the Mediterranean conference on the climate change which will take place in Marseille as well, this event will provide an executive workshop for SMEs, researchers and EU projects on the technology pillars of RES Microgrids, RES Desalination and Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
The Water and Development Congress and Exhibition is the biennial global event on water solutions for developing and emerging countries. You are invited to contribute to this event by sharing your knowledge and expertise with fellow professionals working on water resource, water supply and sanitation with a focus on emerging economies. You will join over 1000 water professionals from government, research institutes, consultancies, technology companies, NGO’s, service providers, and other key stakeholders from within and outside of the water sector.
The UNIMED General Assembly will be held in Rome on 21 and 22 October 2015. UNIMED General Assembly will be an important event to which all the rectors of our universities associated, their delegates together with the staff of international relations offices can join.
Integrating Arab e-infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE, is the annual international conference organized by the Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN), moving from one Arab country to another. e-AGE is in line with ASREN’s major objectives related to creating awareness, promoting R&E collaboration and joint activities and establishing human networks in order to facilitate collaboration and cooperation among researchers and academicians in the Arab region and the rest of the world.
The Water and Development Congress & Exhibition is the biennial global event on water solutions for developing and emerging countries. Stakeholders are invited to contribute to this event by sharing your organisation’s knowledge and expertise with leading professionals working on water resource, water supply and sanitation with a focus on emerging economies.
This new White paper, prepared by FAO and the World Water Council, aims to provide policy-makers with a helpful overview of the technical and economic aspects of water use in agriculture, with particular emphasis on crop and livestock production.
On Monday 13 April 2015, the report “Stakeholder Engagement for Inclusive Water Governance” was launched in Daegu, Korea during the session “Stakeholder Engagement in the Water Sector: How to Get There?” of the 7th World Water Forum.
Water Ministers of the countries of Western Mediterranean (5+5) and their representatives adopted last March 31th, 2015 in Algiers, the common strategy of water, marking the effective start of the Euro-Maghreb dialogue in this sector.
The Senior Officials of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) member states met for the sixth time in December 2014 in Barcelona. Five new projects promoting young people’s employability, job opportunities, entrepreneurship, urban sustainable development and water management transparency were approved, in particular “Water Integrity in MENA”.
Last 20th April 2015, the Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas, presented a speech on the "Key challenges for the water sector" at the European Parliament.
Please find the complete speech at: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/2014-2019/moedas/announcements/key-challenges-water-sector_en.
ENPI latest news
- Mogherini visits Lebanon
- EU Spokesperson: Israeli new settlements announcement seriously undermines two-state solution
- Mogherini and UN Special Representative for Libya discuss security, migration and EU-UN cooperation
- Mogherini urges greater cooperation and integration in the Mediterranean
- SwitchMed presents Eco-Innovative applications to Moroccan enterprises
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- Crop trade depletes global groundwater - News - Nature Middle East
- 3 Big Myths about Modern Agriculture
- Géopolitique, le débat - L'eau en Méditerranée Orientale: quelles actions prioritaires?
- La FAO lance un plan d'attaque contre le charançon rouge du palmier
- Pour en finir avec l'insécurité alimentaire en Afrique et en Méditerranée
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- 11/04: Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis discusses economic cooperation in Tunisia as Spanish-Tunisian Chamber of Commerce opens
- 11/04: Cyprus talks resume after two months
- 10/04: Migration, cooperation and chemical attacks in Syria, headlines of the third meeting of Southern EU countries.
- 03/04: Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Israel agree on implementing a gas pipeline through the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The linguistic panorama of the Arab world
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP françaises
- Le projet FishMPABlue2 : améliorer la gouvernance de la pêche artisanale dans les AMP
The European Water Platform news
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards 2017- Deadline extended to submit your application!
- Technical assistance for Supporting Education Sector Reform Rabat, Morocco - (Closing date: 20 February 2017)
- Technical assistance to Jordan Microfinance Network - Tanmeyah - (Closing date: 8 February 2017)
- Technical Support to upgrading the Solid waste Management Capacities (Closing date: 31 January 2017)
- Equipment for the Lebanese Armed Forces and General Directorate of General Security - (Closing date: 17 March 2017)
- Framework contract for the provision of security guarding services (2017-2018) - (Closing date: 19 January 2017)
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Laboratorio Europeo de Biología Molecular abre en Barcelona su primera subsede en casi 20 años
- Resultados provisionales Severo Ochoa 2016
- Finaliza la XXX Campaña Antártica Española
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación destina 40 millones de euros para reforzar la excelencia científica
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2016
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- Moscou et Saint-Pétersbourg : recrutement d'enseignants pour les Collèges universitaires ...
- Attribution du Prix Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2016
- #Rétro 2016 - Enseignement supérieur et Recherche
- Lancement d'Extrasup, un projet national et européen pour reconnaître et valider les acquis ...
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Making the international trade in plants and seeds a safer venture
- Tracking fish “from sea to plate” to keep illegal catches out of global supply chains
- New partnership recognizes consumers as drivers for Zero Hunger
- Lake Chad Basin: a crisis rooted in hunger, poverty and lack of rural development
- FAO Director-General visits hunger-threatened northeastern Nigeria, calls for urgent increase in assistance