On April 23rd, The CIHEAM-Bari organized the International Workshop “Mediterranean Sustainable Food Systems - Towards the Expo Milan 2015; From Theory to Practice: Linking Territory, Food Quality Production, Food Consumption and Dietary Patterns for Improving the Sustainability of the Mediterranean Diet. The Apulia Case Study”. The international workshop was organized with technical collaboration of FAO in the framework of Agriculture and Quality project whose objective is the qualification and enhancement of typical food products of Apulia region.
On the Occasion of the Second Annual United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites you to the Expert Session: "The Arab World’s Transition to Sustainable Energy Pathway: A Look from Inside" on 19 May 2015 at the Sheraton Times Square Hotel.
Organized on June 3rd 2015 within the framework of the project MARE, Mediterranean Activities for Reasearch and Innovation in the Energy sector, and one day ahead of the Mediterranean conference on the climate change which will take place in Marseille as well, this event will provide an executive workshop for SMEs, researchers and EU projects on the technology pillars of RES Microgrids, RES Desalination and Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
The Water and Development Congress and Exhibition is the biennial global event on water solutions for developing and emerging countries. You are invited to contribute to this event by sharing your knowledge and expertise with fellow professionals working on water resource, water supply and sanitation with a focus on emerging economies. You will join over 1000 water professionals from government, research institutes, consultancies, technology companies, NGO’s, service providers, and other key stakeholders from within and outside of the water sector.
The UNIMED General Assembly will be held in Rome on 21 and 22 October 2015. UNIMED General Assembly will be an important event to which all the rectors of our universities associated, their delegates together with the staff of international relations offices can join.
Integrating Arab e-infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE, is the annual international conference organized by the Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN), moving from one Arab country to another. e-AGE is in line with ASREN’s major objectives related to creating awareness, promoting R&E collaboration and joint activities and establishing human networks in order to facilitate collaboration and cooperation among researchers and academicians in the Arab region and the rest of the world.
The Water and Development Congress & Exhibition is the biennial global event on water solutions for developing and emerging countries. Stakeholders are invited to contribute to this event by sharing your organisation’s knowledge and expertise with leading professionals working on water resource, water supply and sanitation with a focus on emerging economies.
This new White paper, prepared by FAO and the World Water Council, aims to provide policy-makers with a helpful overview of the technical and economic aspects of water use in agriculture, with particular emphasis on crop and livestock production.
On Monday 13 April 2015, the report “Stakeholder Engagement for Inclusive Water Governance” was launched in Daegu, Korea during the session “Stakeholder Engagement in the Water Sector: How to Get There?” of the 7th World Water Forum.
Water Ministers of the countries of Western Mediterranean (5+5) and their representatives adopted last March 31th, 2015 in Algiers, the common strategy of water, marking the effective start of the Euro-Maghreb dialogue in this sector.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- 5 Simple Ways to Start Living A Zero Waste Life In Egypt – The Daily Crisp
- Vers une refonte totale du vignoble français
- Conférence débat : "Quand l'alimentation se fait politique" le 12 juillet 2017 à Montpellier | Académie d'Agriculture de France
- Olive Oil Times – News, Reviews and Discussion
- Olive Oil Times – News, Reviews and Discussion
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Conflit israélo-palestinien. Déclaration du Président de la République (19 juin 2017)
- Deuxième tour des élections législatives 2017 - Résultats provisoires de la circonscription consulaire de Jérusalem
- Jérusalem – attaque terroriste (16 juin 2017) – déclaration du porte-parole adjoint du MEAE
- Colonisation / Gaza - déclaration du porte-parole adjoint du Quai d'Orsay (14 juin 2017)
- Premier tour des élections législatives 2017 - Résultats définitifs
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- España y Portugal colaboran en la creación de un nuevo centro de investigación para el Atlántico
- Se constituye la Fundación PRIMA para buscar soluciones innovadoras en el Mediterráneo
- Abierto el plazo de presentación de solicitudes a las ayudas de Proyectos de I+D+I Excelencia y Retos 2017
- Apoyo unánime para que Granada albergue el acelerador Dones
- El Gobierno aprueba 20 millones para la construcción de cuatro grandes telescopios en la isla de La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
- Candidatures au Prix scientifique franco-allemand Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2017
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils