The 4th DIA-CORE-CEPS Policy Workshop was successfully implemented on 25th June 2015 in Brussels, Belgium hosted by Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS). Main aim of this Workshop was to address the key issues of costs and benefits of deploying RES and provide a fruitful stakeholder dialogue about the role of coordination and compliance of national policies on the reduction of costs and increase of related benefits.
This week, a delegation of the European water sector met with the cabinet of Commissioner Creţu for Regional policy to discuss the importance of regional policy for sustainable water management. The variability of water challenges in different European regions and urban areas creates the need for tailor-made innovative solutions, smart specialization, and encouragement of best-practice cases between regional and local authorities to facilitate optimal results.
FAO published the book: "Climate change and food systems". This book is the outcome of an expert consultation organized by FAO in November 2013 which gathered acknowledged experts in climate impact research.
The Laboratory of Radio-Analysis and Environment (LRAE) of the National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS) is honoured invite you the international colloquium “Impact of Human and Climate on water quality in arid and semi-arid areas” which will be held from 3 to 5 December 2015 in Sousse,Tunisia.
In the framework of the Mediterranean Science, Policy, Research & Innovation Gateway - MED-SPRING project - UNIMED launches a call for contributions to collect research stories and working papers on the project themes: Resource Efficiency (particularly Water), High Quality Affordable Food and Energy.
Dr. Alessandro Galli, Global Footprint Network’s Director of Mediterranean and MENA Regions, will speak at the Expo Milano on May, 23rd, 24th, and 25th about his recent research on food resources in the Mediterranean. Food is a basic need, so how does the food sector contribute to the overall demand that Mediterranean countries place on our planet’s natural resources? Attend this session to learn more about the Ecological Footprint, a widely used data-driven metric, and how it informs food resource access and utilization in Mediterranean countries.
The Dialogue workshop on European stakeholders’ perspectives on the development of a low carbon society was held on 27 May, 2015, from 10.00 to 13.00 at Rue d’Egmont 15, Brussels, with the stakeholders involved in Europe’s low-carbon energy transition. The objective was the exchange on European level energy dialogue issues and on strategic input coming from the participants. This will be included in the R&Dialogue vision and action plan for a low carbon society, which will be presented to the European Commission and other stakeholders in November 2015.
Boosting sustainable agricultural production and trade is one of the main priorities for the southern and eastern rim of the Mediterranean, where most countries produce insufficient quantities of food staples.
On April 23rd, The CIHEAM-Bari organized the International Workshop “Mediterranean Sustainable Food Systems - Towards the Expo Milan 2015; From Theory to Practice: Linking Territory, Food Quality Production, Food Consumption and Dietary Patterns for Improving the Sustainability of the Mediterranean Diet. The Apulia Case Study”. The international workshop was organized with technical collaboration of FAO in the framework of Agriculture and Quality project whose objective is the qualification and enhancement of typical food products of Apulia region.
On the Occasion of the Second Annual United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites you to the Expert Session: "The Arab World’s Transition to Sustainable Energy Pathway: A Look from Inside" on 19 May 2015 at the Sheraton Times Square Hotel.
ENPI latest news
- Mogherini visits Lebanon
- EU Spokesperson: Israeli new settlements announcement seriously undermines two-state solution
- Mogherini and UN Special Representative for Libya discuss security, migration and EU-UN cooperation
- Mogherini urges greater cooperation and integration in the Mediterranean
- SwitchMed presents Eco-Innovative applications to Moroccan enterprises
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- Crop trade depletes global groundwater - News - Nature Middle East
- 3 Big Myths about Modern Agriculture
- Géopolitique, le débat - L'eau en Méditerranée Orientale: quelles actions prioritaires?
- La FAO lance un plan d'attaque contre le charançon rouge du palmier
- Pour en finir avec l'insécurité alimentaire en Afrique et en Méditerranée
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- 11/04: Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis discusses economic cooperation in Tunisia as Spanish-Tunisian Chamber of Commerce opens
- 11/04: Cyprus talks resume after two months
- 10/04: Migration, cooperation and chemical attacks in Syria, headlines of the third meeting of Southern EU countries.
- 03/04: Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Israel agree on implementing a gas pipeline through the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The linguistic panorama of the Arab world
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP françaises
- Le projet FishMPABlue2 : améliorer la gouvernance de la pêche artisanale dans les AMP
The European Water Platform news
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
- EU Sustainable Energy Awards 2017- Deadline extended to submit your application!
- Technical assistance for Supporting Education Sector Reform Rabat, Morocco - (Closing date: 20 February 2017)
- Technical assistance to Jordan Microfinance Network - Tanmeyah - (Closing date: 8 February 2017)
- Technical Support to upgrading the Solid waste Management Capacities (Closing date: 31 January 2017)
- Equipment for the Lebanese Armed Forces and General Directorate of General Security - (Closing date: 17 March 2017)
- Framework contract for the provision of security guarding services (2017-2018) - (Closing date: 19 January 2017)
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Laboratorio Europeo de Biología Molecular abre en Barcelona su primera subsede en casi 20 años
- Resultados provisionales Severo Ochoa 2016
- Finaliza la XXX Campaña Antártica Española
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación destina 40 millones de euros para reforzar la excelencia científica
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2016
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- Moscou et Saint-Pétersbourg : recrutement d'enseignants pour les Collèges universitaires ...
- Attribution du Prix Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2016
- #Rétro 2016 - Enseignement supérieur et Recherche
- Lancement d'Extrasup, un projet national et européen pour reconnaître et valider les acquis ...
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Making the international trade in plants and seeds a safer venture
- Tracking fish “from sea to plate” to keep illegal catches out of global supply chains
- New partnership recognizes consumers as drivers for Zero Hunger
- Lake Chad Basin: a crisis rooted in hunger, poverty and lack of rural development
- FAO Director-General visits hunger-threatened northeastern Nigeria, calls for urgent increase in assistance