Various Heads of UN institutions and other international organizations published messages to mark the 2015 World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) on 17 June, which was commemorated under the slogan, "No such thing as a free lunch: Invest in healthy soils".
Practical Action is pleased to announce the launch of the latest edition of our poor people’s energy briefing series on The Energy-Water-Food Nexus at Decentralised Scales. This paper uses Practical Action’s experiences with micro-hydro schemes to connect global nexus debates to the experiences of and solutions for remote off-grid communities and smallholder farmers. Through examples in Peru, Nepal, and Zimbabwe we exemplify the need for an integrated approach to energy, water, and food security.
The 4th DIA-CORE-CEPS Policy Workshop was successfully implemented on 25th June 2015 in Brussels, Belgium hosted by Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS). Main aim of this Workshop was to address the key issues of costs and benefits of deploying RES and provide a fruitful stakeholder dialogue about the role of coordination and compliance of national policies on the reduction of costs and increase of related benefits.
This week, a delegation of the European water sector met with the cabinet of Commissioner Creţu for Regional policy to discuss the importance of regional policy for sustainable water management. The variability of water challenges in different European regions and urban areas creates the need for tailor-made innovative solutions, smart specialization, and encouragement of best-practice cases between regional and local authorities to facilitate optimal results.
FAO published the book: "Climate change and food systems". This book is the outcome of an expert consultation organized by FAO in November 2013 which gathered acknowledged experts in climate impact research.
The Laboratory of Radio-Analysis and Environment (LRAE) of the National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS) is honoured invite you the international colloquium “Impact of Human and Climate on water quality in arid and semi-arid areas” which will be held from 3 to 5 December 2015 in Sousse,Tunisia.
In the framework of the Mediterranean Science, Policy, Research & Innovation Gateway - MED-SPRING project - UNIMED launches a call for contributions to collect research stories and working papers on the project themes: Resource Efficiency (particularly Water), High Quality Affordable Food and Energy.
Dr. Alessandro Galli, Global Footprint Network’s Director of Mediterranean and MENA Regions, will speak at the Expo Milano on May, 23rd, 24th, and 25th about his recent research on food resources in the Mediterranean. Food is a basic need, so how does the food sector contribute to the overall demand that Mediterranean countries place on our planet’s natural resources? Attend this session to learn more about the Ecological Footprint, a widely used data-driven metric, and how it informs food resource access and utilization in Mediterranean countries.
The Dialogue workshop on European stakeholders’ perspectives on the development of a low carbon society was held on 27 May, 2015, from 10.00 to 13.00 at Rue d’Egmont 15, Brussels, with the stakeholders involved in Europe’s low-carbon energy transition. The objective was the exchange on European level energy dialogue issues and on strategic input coming from the participants. This will be included in the R&Dialogue vision and action plan for a low carbon society, which will be presented to the European Commission and other stakeholders in November 2015.
Boosting sustainable agricultural production and trade is one of the main priorities for the southern and eastern rim of the Mediterranean, where most countries produce insufficient quantities of food staples.
ENPI latest news
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
- CESEE Bank Lending Survey H1-2017
- Annual Report 2016 on EIB activity in Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific, and the overseas territories
- Report on the implementation of the EIB’s Transparency Policy in 2016
- 2016 Annual Report on EIB operations inside the EU
- Evaluation of the EIF’s SME Securitisation Activities, 2004-2015
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Testez un package écotouristique en Méditerranée
- Les AMP se réunissent autour du projet FishMPABlue2
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Buque de Investigación Oceanográfica “Hespérides” regresa a Cartagena tras finalizar la XXX Campaña Antártica
- La Comisión Europea refrenda la infraestructura científica sobre biodiversidad y gestión de ecosistemas LifeWatch en Sevilla
- Abierto el plazo para la justificación científico-técnica final de las Acciones de dinamización “Proyectos Europa Excelencia” 2015
- Conmemoración del 50 aniversario de la creación del Instituto Laue–Langevin
- Málaga acoge las jornadas de planificación del Foro Estratégico Europeo de Infraestructuras de Investigación (ESFRI)
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils