Various Heads of UN institutions and other international organizations published messages to mark the 2015 World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) on 17 June, which was commemorated under the slogan, "No such thing as a free lunch: Invest in healthy soils".
Practical Action is pleased to announce the launch of the latest edition of our poor people’s energy briefing series on The Energy-Water-Food Nexus at Decentralised Scales. This paper uses Practical Action’s experiences with micro-hydro schemes to connect global nexus debates to the experiences of and solutions for remote off-grid communities and smallholder farmers. Through examples in Peru, Nepal, and Zimbabwe we exemplify the need for an integrated approach to energy, water, and food security.
The 4th DIA-CORE-CEPS Policy Workshop was successfully implemented on 25th June 2015 in Brussels, Belgium hosted by Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS). Main aim of this Workshop was to address the key issues of costs and benefits of deploying RES and provide a fruitful stakeholder dialogue about the role of coordination and compliance of national policies on the reduction of costs and increase of related benefits.
This week, a delegation of the European water sector met with the cabinet of Commissioner Creţu for Regional policy to discuss the importance of regional policy for sustainable water management. The variability of water challenges in different European regions and urban areas creates the need for tailor-made innovative solutions, smart specialization, and encouragement of best-practice cases between regional and local authorities to facilitate optimal results.
FAO published the book: "Climate change and food systems". This book is the outcome of an expert consultation organized by FAO in November 2013 which gathered acknowledged experts in climate impact research.
The Laboratory of Radio-Analysis and Environment (LRAE) of the National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS) is honoured invite you the international colloquium “Impact of Human and Climate on water quality in arid and semi-arid areas” which will be held from 3 to 5 December 2015 in Sousse,Tunisia.
In the framework of the Mediterranean Science, Policy, Research & Innovation Gateway - MED-SPRING project - UNIMED launches a call for contributions to collect research stories and working papers on the project themes: Resource Efficiency (particularly Water), High Quality Affordable Food and Energy.
Dr. Alessandro Galli, Global Footprint Network’s Director of Mediterranean and MENA Regions, will speak at the Expo Milano on May, 23rd, 24th, and 25th about his recent research on food resources in the Mediterranean. Food is a basic need, so how does the food sector contribute to the overall demand that Mediterranean countries place on our planet’s natural resources? Attend this session to learn more about the Ecological Footprint, a widely used data-driven metric, and how it informs food resource access and utilization in Mediterranean countries.
The Dialogue workshop on European stakeholders’ perspectives on the development of a low carbon society was held on 27 May, 2015, from 10.00 to 13.00 at Rue d’Egmont 15, Brussels, with the stakeholders involved in Europe’s low-carbon energy transition. The objective was the exchange on European level energy dialogue issues and on strategic input coming from the participants. This will be included in the R&Dialogue vision and action plan for a low carbon society, which will be presented to the European Commission and other stakeholders in November 2015.
Boosting sustainable agricultural production and trade is one of the main priorities for the southern and eastern rim of the Mediterranean, where most countries produce insufficient quantities of food staples.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
- Our Ocean Conference 2017
- International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals (GUNI)
- EIB MED Conference: Boosting investments in the Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
- More Euro-Mediterranean integration would boost jobs
- 20/07: The EU allocates last part of its Macro-Financial Assistance programme to Tunisia.
- 18/07: 8th Association Council between the EU and Lebanon
- 17/07: The EU reaffirms its support to Egypt ahead of the 7th EU-Egypt Association Council, on 25 July
- The European Union in the Mediterranean
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Situation à Jérusalem - violences, démarches de la France, respect du statu quo – déclaration de la porte-parole du Quai d'Orsay (24/07/17)
- Situation à Jérusalem – déclaration de la porte-parole du Quai d'Orsay (21 juillet 2017)
- Jérusalem - Conseil aux voyageurs
- Coopération audiovisuelle
- Appui aux initiatives humanitaires et de promotion des droits de l'Homme
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Consejo Rector aprueba el Plan Estratégico del IAC hasta 2021
- Información sobre las convocatorias 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional y las ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores
- Consulta Pública del Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica y Técnica y de Innovación 2017-2020
- Miguel Ángel García Aranda, nuevo presidente del Consejo del ESRF
- Chile se interesa por las instalaciones científicas españolas
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils