The AIWW conference on "Integrated solutions for a circular economy and resilient cities" was held in Amsterdam from 2nd to 6th November 2015. The Amsterdam International Water Week (AIWW) is the platform for new alliances and fresh ideas: connecting industry, science, business, policy and technology. The event crosses borders between water and sanitation, deltatechnology, food, agriculture, finance and governance. Thus bringing together a unique mix of professionals conducive to the transition to a circular economy and resilient cities.
The IncoNet for the Arab Gulf Countries (IncoNet GCC2) is organizing an International Conference on “Collaboration for Innovation; Linking GCC and EU” on 6-8 December in Muscat, Oman. This international conference will gather STI actors from both the EU and GCC and has as its main aim to explore synergies for further cooperation in STI between the two regions. The thematic focus will be on Energy/Smart Cities and Health which have been identified as sectors of mutual benefit between EU and GCC.
The High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE) of the UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS) is pleased to announce the publication of the HLPE "Report on Water for Food Security and Nutrition". The HLPE report was launched in FAO/Rome on 15 May 2015. Presenters included Per Pinstrup-Andersen, HLPE Steering Committee Chair; Maryam Rahmanian, HLPE Steering Committee Vice-Chair and Lyla Mehta, HLPE Project Team leader.
Following the recent adoption of OECD Principles on Water Governance, the OECD is currently working towards the development of Water Governance Indicators, with the objective to identify and scale up best practices and to provide a systemic framework to evaluate the effectiveness of water-related institutions and governance instruments.
EcoPeace Middle East/WEDO, together with consortium partners at the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) and Global Nature Fund (GNF), and lead consultant Royal HaskoningDHV, released the first ever Regional NGO Master Plan for Sustainable Development in the Jordan Valley at a conference on June 9, 2015 on the Jordanian shores of the Dead Sea.
The UNESCO Chair of Sustainable Development Management and Education in the Mediterranean (University of Athens), together with MIO-ECSDE/MEdIES are organizing the Mediterranean survey, under the political guidance of the Secretariat of the Union of the Mediterranean(UfM) entitled: "Mediterranean Youth Responses towards sustainable development and current crisis".
This conference brought together decision makers, economic stakeholders, protected areas managers, representatives of civil society and scientists from several countries around the Mediterranean. It was held on Wednesday 24 June 2015 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Villa Méditerranée in Marseille. The conference was preceded by a sea trip in the Calanques National Park on Tuesday 23 June in the morning.
The increased deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies (RE&EET) in the South Eastern Mediterranean (SEMED) region and in the Early Transition Countries (ETC) could bring a host of benefits, including enhanced energy security, increased national revenues and environmental gains. A new IEA Insights paper considers policy options for supporting the deployment of RE&EET, as well as the surrounding factors that can enable - or indeed impede - the successful implementation of such support policies in both regions.
Towards2030-dialogue project has the pleasure to announce the publication of the 4th Issue Paper. The aim of the 4th Towards2030-dialogue Issue Paper is to investigate public benchmarks of how the EU target for 2030 could be broken down into individual contributions from each Member State. The current Issue Paper presents and assesses various benchmark setting options taking into account the potential availability of renewable resources and related costs.
Read more: http://towards2030.eu/ .
The Kick-off event for the INTERREG MED Programme 2014-2020 took place on Tuesday 23rd June 2015 in Marseilles. The MED Kick-Off is part of a joint event entitled "Global challenges, Mediterranean solutions. Decision making and concrete actions", starting on 22nd June. The conference "Global challenges, Mediterranean solutions. Decision making and concrete actions" will offer an occasion to discuss and exchange on cooperation strategies for challenges that Europe and the world are facing.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
- 5 Simple Ways to Start Living A Zero Waste Life In Egypt – The Daily Crisp
- Vers une refonte totale du vignoble français
- Conférence débat : "Quand l'alimentation se fait politique" le 12 juillet 2017 à Montpellier | Académie d'Agriculture de France
- Olive Oil Times – News, Reviews and Discussion
- Olive Oil Times – News, Reviews and Discussion
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Conflit israélo-palestinien. Déclaration du Président de la République (19 juin 2017)
- Deuxième tour des élections législatives 2017 - Résultats provisoires de la circonscription consulaire de Jérusalem
- Jérusalem – attaque terroriste (16 juin 2017) – déclaration du porte-parole adjoint du MEAE
- Colonisation / Gaza - déclaration du porte-parole adjoint du Quai d'Orsay (14 juin 2017)
- Premier tour des élections législatives 2017 - Résultats définitifs
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- España y Portugal colaboran en la creación de un nuevo centro de investigación para el Atlántico
- Se constituye la Fundación PRIMA para buscar soluciones innovadoras en el Mediterráneo
- Abierto el plazo de presentación de solicitudes a las ayudas de Proyectos de I+D+I Excelencia y Retos 2017
- Apoyo unánime para que Granada albergue el acelerador Dones
- El Gobierno aprueba 20 millones para la construcción de cuatro grandes telescopios en la isla de La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
- Candidatures au Prix scientifique franco-allemand Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2017
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils