The AIWW conference on "Integrated solutions for a circular economy and resilient cities" was held in Amsterdam from 2nd to 6th November 2015. The Amsterdam International Water Week (AIWW) is the platform for new alliances and fresh ideas: connecting industry, science, business, policy and technology. The event crosses borders between water and sanitation, deltatechnology, food, agriculture, finance and governance. Thus bringing together a unique mix of professionals conducive to the transition to a circular economy and resilient cities.
The IncoNet for the Arab Gulf Countries (IncoNet GCC2) is organizing an International Conference on “Collaboration for Innovation; Linking GCC and EU” on 6-8 December in Muscat, Oman. This international conference will gather STI actors from both the EU and GCC and has as its main aim to explore synergies for further cooperation in STI between the two regions. The thematic focus will be on Energy/Smart Cities and Health which have been identified as sectors of mutual benefit between EU and GCC.
The High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE) of the UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS) is pleased to announce the publication of the HLPE "Report on Water for Food Security and Nutrition". The HLPE report was launched in FAO/Rome on 15 May 2015. Presenters included Per Pinstrup-Andersen, HLPE Steering Committee Chair; Maryam Rahmanian, HLPE Steering Committee Vice-Chair and Lyla Mehta, HLPE Project Team leader.
Following the recent adoption of OECD Principles on Water Governance, the OECD is currently working towards the development of Water Governance Indicators, with the objective to identify and scale up best practices and to provide a systemic framework to evaluate the effectiveness of water-related institutions and governance instruments.
EcoPeace Middle East/WEDO, together with consortium partners at the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) and Global Nature Fund (GNF), and lead consultant Royal HaskoningDHV, released the first ever Regional NGO Master Plan for Sustainable Development in the Jordan Valley at a conference on June 9, 2015 on the Jordanian shores of the Dead Sea.
The UNESCO Chair of Sustainable Development Management and Education in the Mediterranean (University of Athens), together with MIO-ECSDE/MEdIES are organizing the Mediterranean survey, under the political guidance of the Secretariat of the Union of the Mediterranean(UfM) entitled: "Mediterranean Youth Responses towards sustainable development and current crisis".
This conference brought together decision makers, economic stakeholders, protected areas managers, representatives of civil society and scientists from several countries around the Mediterranean. It was held on Wednesday 24 June 2015 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Villa Méditerranée in Marseille. The conference was preceded by a sea trip in the Calanques National Park on Tuesday 23 June in the morning.
The increased deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies (RE&EET) in the South Eastern Mediterranean (SEMED) region and in the Early Transition Countries (ETC) could bring a host of benefits, including enhanced energy security, increased national revenues and environmental gains. A new IEA Insights paper considers policy options for supporting the deployment of RE&EET, as well as the surrounding factors that can enable - or indeed impede - the successful implementation of such support policies in both regions.
Towards2030-dialogue project has the pleasure to announce the publication of the 4th Issue Paper. The aim of the 4th Towards2030-dialogue Issue Paper is to investigate public benchmarks of how the EU target for 2030 could be broken down into individual contributions from each Member State. The current Issue Paper presents and assesses various benchmark setting options taking into account the potential availability of renewable resources and related costs.
Read more: http://towards2030.eu/ .
The Kick-off event for the INTERREG MED Programme 2014-2020 took place on Tuesday 23rd June 2015 in Marseilles. The MED Kick-Off is part of a joint event entitled "Global challenges, Mediterranean solutions. Decision making and concrete actions", starting on 22nd June. The conference "Global challenges, Mediterranean solutions. Decision making and concrete actions" will offer an occasion to discuss and exchange on cooperation strategies for challenges that Europe and the world are facing.
ENPI latest news
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
EIB latest publications
- Annual Report 2016 on EIB activity in Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific, and the overseas territories
- Report on the implementation of the EIB’s Transparency Policy in 2016
- 2016 Annual Report on EIB operations inside the EU
- Evaluation of the EIF’s SME Securitisation Activities, 2004-2015
- EIB annual 18-K report 2016
CIHEAM press reviews
- Les députés européens s'opposent à l'importation d'OGM
- Syrian Refugees Contributed over $US 800 Million to Egypt’s Economy Since 2011: UNDP Report
- Panic over the red devils threatening to strip Tunisia of its grand palm trees
- Farmers: a dying breed?
- Parte la sfida della sostenibilità: 17 obiettivi da raggiungere al 2030
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
Network of marine protected area managers in the Mediterranean - MedPAN
- Testez un package écotouristique en Méditerranée
- Les AMP se réunissent autour du projet FishMPABlue2
- Candidatez pour le collaborative leadership learning forum des AMP!
- RESERVEBENEFIT : un nouveau projet pour étudier le bénéfice des réserves marines
- Projet DestiMED: Appel à manifestation d'intérêt pour la mise en oeuvre d'Actions Pilotes en écotourisme dans les AMP grecques
The European Water Platform news
- ‘Industry Water: From Single Use to Integrated Management’ Workshop
- First edition of Water Market Europe event marked by success!
- Horizon 2020 to be topped up with €200 million
- Commission to invest almost €104 million in 71 innovative companies under Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
- MEP Water Group Public Session: Water Reuse – an effective tool to address water scarcity’
EIB latest news
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- El Gobierno aprueba 370 millones de euros para proyectos de investigación
- 3ª Convocatoria de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad en el marco de ERANETMED
- Resolución de concesión de la convocatoria de Acciones de Programación Internacional 2016
- Convocatoria de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad en el marco de la JPI More Years, Better Lives
- La Agencia Estatal de Investigación ha publicado la resolución definitiva de convocatorias de ayudas que permitirá la contratación de más de 630 investigadores
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Candidatures au Prix scientifique franco-allemand Gay-Lussac Humboldt 2017
- Appel à candidatures pour le prix Descartes-Huygens 2017 - Appel
- Bourses d'excellence Eole 2017 pour la mobilité vers les Pays-Bas - Session de printemps
- Échange d'assistants parlementaires stagiaires à Berlin
- R&D : quelques comparaisons internationales - Article
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils