MEDSPRING organized the "Training on H2020 for Mediterranean NCPs, research managers and researchers" in Marrakesh, Morocco, from 11th to 13th June 2014. The event is the second one planned in the frame of the Capacity Building programme set by MedSpring on the new EU research framework programme Horizon2020. The workshop drew on the training needs analysis, which was previously carried out by MedSpring and - most important - on inputs and suggestions provided by Mediterranean National Contact and Focal Points who participated in the training workshop in Amman last December 2013, which was also dedicated to H2020. The training targeted researchers and research managers / co-ordinators / administrators of public institutions in the MPCs as well as research affiliated entrepreneurs from the participating MPCs.
The workshop deliberately wanted to bring researchers and administrators together in order to increase awareness of their roles and interdependencies in securing reliable project participation and management. The training was structured on a three days setting.
Please find the event reationale and agenda, and the direct link in order to see the videos: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/7790042/events/3074676/videos .
Wednesday 11 June - Session I
- 9h00 - Welcome (MESFCRS, European Commission, MedSpring Coordinator, INCONTACT2020)
- 9h20 - 9h30 - The role of MedSpring in supporting research cooperation. Speaker: Claudio Bogliotti, MedSpring Coordinator.
- 9h30 - 10h30 - Introduction to Horizon 2020. Speaker: Claudio Bogliotti, MedSpring Coordinator.
- 11h00 - 12h00 - Framing innovation in H2020 research. Speakers: Ralf Hermann, DLR; Volker Wittwer, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy.
- 12h00 - 13h00 - H2020 Web Portal. The trainer will work with participants surfing the H2020 Portal, getting acquainted with the web-map, finding opportunities, proposals, reading and learning rules for participation, financing, consortium, funding etc. Speakers: Sabine Steiner-Lange, DLR / NCP Life Sciences.
- 14h30-16h00 - Deepening relevant call-topics 2015. Speakers: Chiara Morini, CIHEAM-IAMB.
- 16h20-16h30 - INCONTACT 2020 project overview. Speaker: Elena Maffia, APRE
- 16h30-18h00 - Have Your Say: Facilitator: Zeinab El-Sadr, MHESR. Speaker: Mohammed Benbouida (MESFCRS)
Thursday 12 June - Session II
- 9h00 - 13h00 - Training workshop on proposal writing. Working group 1: Sabine Steiner-Lange, DLR + Moez Jebara, TESR. Working group 2: Sabine Steiner-Lange, DLR + Zeinab el-Sadr, MHESR
- 14h30 - 17h30 - Training workshop on project management and implementation. Working group 1: Raniero Chelli, UNIMED + Chiara Morini, CIHEAM. Working group 2: Elena Maffia, APRE / INCONTACT + Omar Amawi, HCST
- 17h30-18h30 - Presentation of work done by working groups (proposal making), discussion and wrap-up of the day.
Friday 13 June – Session III
- 9h00 - 12h00 - Fast-track brokerage on specific call topics.
- 9h00 - Technical briefing of participants
- 9h30 - Objective and scope of the event, introduction of people connected via WEB
- 9h45 - 10h45 - On-line/streaming: participants express interest in call-topics 2015, describing expertise and inputs envisaged to projects and partnership
- 10h45 - 12h15 - Training Room - WEB Community exchange Enhancing Euro-Mediterranean partnership
- 12h15 - 12h30 - Summary and outline of follow-up measures
Please find also some useful links.