The 2nd EMEG meeting was organized in Sousse, Tunisia, from 22nd to 23rd September 2014 and focused on the Euro-Mediterranean policy dialogue on research and innovation, with the aim of identifying ways and means for policy and policy dialogue to ensure impact on the MedSpring thematic challenges in water, food and energy.
Please find the rationale and the main structure of the event, the guidelines, the registration form and the event agenda. Also for the members of the EMEG teams, we have the stocktacking of results and also the results of the open consultation. Logistics about accommodation are also provided in a zip file.
The plenary sessions were livestreamed from Sousse - starting on Monday 22 @9 am Tunisian time, through the channel: http://agora.medspring.eu/en/
The MedSpring Agora followed the meeting, so please find the outputs:
- Focus on Energy work group: http://agora.medspring.eu/en/content/workshop-energy-identifying-specific-policy-objectives
- Focus on Food work group: http://agora.medspring.eu/en/content/workshop-food-identifying-specific-policy-objectives
- Focus on Water work group: http://agora.medspring.eu/en/content/workshop-water-identifying-specific-policy-objectives
- Focus on Gender Issues (interviews): http://agora.medspring.eu/en/content/talking-about-gender
- Key-note speech: http://agora.medspring.eu/en/content/policy-dialogue-science-and-society
- Photogallery : http://agora.medspring.eu/en/content/snapshots-2nd-emeg-meeting
On the ground of the results obtained through the Open Consultation and of the material produced during the 2nd Meeting, the EMEG group produced a position paper which presents the recommendations for the Euro-Mediterranean research agenda. The document include workgroups’ outcomes, organized as follows:
- Main Problems and Outcomes in R&I policy dialogue
- Policy objectives and expected impacts (per problems categories)
- Variables to improve effectiveness of policy dialogue
Clicking on this link, you download the entire document (pdf).