In view of the H2020 Lanch event “Meeting Euro-Med Common Challenges” foreseen on 9th February 2014, MEDSPRING organized a workshop aiming at facilitating participation and networking of researchers and other relevant actors in relation to H2020 call topics. Participants registered to the H2020 Launch event on 9th February are encouraged to participate. This event has been organised back to back to the regional event Horizon 2020 Conference Meeting EuroMed Common Challenges, which was an event organised by the European Commission on 9th February also in Cairo, Egypt. Please find the presentation made by our project coordinator in that event.
Please find the draft agenda, and the documents related to the relevant discussed topics:
In particular, the workshop helped participants identify concrete opportunities for cooperation in call topics relevant to the Mediterranean region, dig out the content of specific topics addressed to Mediterranean countries and facilitated match-making among participants having interest on same call topics and explore the possibility to establish partnerships. In relation to the most interesting call topics, relevant issues advanced by participants were conveyed in the next day event and possibly considered for discussion in the parallel sessions.
- 16h00 - 16h15 - Welcome (EGY Ministry of Research, European Commission, MedSpring Co-ordinator)
- 16h15 - 17h00 - Stock-taking of cooperation opportunities in H2020 1st Work Programme: identifying and analyzing relevant topics, along the different “thematic” work programmes, considering geographic targets and challenges of potential interest for Mediterranean countries and the Euro-Mediterranean cooperation (Claudio Bogliotti)
- 17h00 - 17h15 - The Euro-Mediterranean partnership on research: how to build a network between Universities, Research and Business Community (UNIMED)
- 17h15 - 18h00 - Working with participants:
-) organizing topics on the base of participants’ interest,
-) building a “matrix of interested participant organizations” in relation to most relevant topics,
-) preparing a frame of questions / issues to be conveyed in the 9th February event (Facilitators: Zeinab El-Sadr, Chiara Ciannamea, Chiara Morini)
- 18h00 - 19h00 - Match-making session. Based on the “matrix of interested participant organizations”, bi-lateral / multi-lateral meetings of participants will take place with the aim of exploring possible partnerships on topics of common interest (Facilitators: Claudio Bogliotti, Zeinab El-Sadr, Chiara Ciannamea, Chiara Morini, Malak Marzouk)
- 19h00 - Comments and conclusions